The zucchini bites is both a vegetarian and healthy snack.
Simple and delicious, these baked cheese zucchini bites are super easy to make and are a healthier alternative to a classic fried zucchini roast!
Ingredients of Zucchini Bites
- Zucchini grated - 1 cup
- Egg - 1
- Breadcrumbs - 1/3 cup
- Parmesan cheese grated fine -1/4 cup
- Clove garlic grated fine - 1
- Fresh chives chopped - 2 tbsp
- Fresh parsley chopped - 1 tbsp
- Fresh basil chopped - 1tsp
- Fresh oregano chopped - 1 tsp
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Tomato sauce for dipping
How to make Zucchini Bites
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil or non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Use a box grater to grate the zucchini into a clean towel. Roll up the towel and twist to wring out the moisture. Grate the garlic using the small holes on the box grater.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Shape a tablespoon of the mixture into your hands, pat into small balls, and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes in the preheated oven until golden. Serve warm with marinara sauce. Recipe makes about 16 bites.