Ready for delicious and healthy food. Brussels sprouts contains high in fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, making them a nutritious addition to your diet. They may also come with added health benefits, including the potential to reduce the risk of cancer, decrease inflammation and improve blood sugar control. Delicious vegetarian recipe with you
Ingredients of Brussels Sprouts with Garlic
- Brussels sprouts - 1 1/2 pounds
- Cloves garlic - 4
- Extra-virgin olive oil - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Kosher salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper 1/4 tsp
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground or grated parmesan - 2 tbsp
- Using any of them : lemon, balsamic vinegar, herbs, red pepper flakes, etc.
How to make Brussels Sprouts with Garlic
- Place a rack in the upper third of your oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees Place the Brussels sprouts and garlic in the center of a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and any other desired spice additions. Gently mix until the Brussels sprouts are evenly coated, then spread them into a single layer on the baking sheet. For even better crisping, flip the Brussels sprouts so that they are all cut sides down.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir in the parmesan cheese. Continue baking 10 to 20 additional minutes, until the Brussels sprouts are lightly charred and crisp on the outside and tender in the center. The outer leaves will be very dark too.
- Watch carefully towards the end of the baking time, as the cooking time will vary based on the size of your sprouts. Remove from the oven. Season with additional salt and/or pepper to taste.