Pizza is what most of us love. a meal that is both simple and enjoyable. The wonderful flavor we prepared for Valentine's Day is with you. The prefect moments where you can eat your lover with your hand are waiting for you. Get ready to roll up your sleeves and make an unforgettable pizza.
Ingredients of Homemade Pizza
For The Dough
- Cooking spray
Lukewarm water - 1 1/4 cup
Granulated sugar - 1 tbsp
- Packet active dry yeast - 2¼ tsp
All-purpose flour - 3 cup
Kosher salt - 2 tsp
Extra-virgin olive oil - 1/4 cup
For the Pizza
- Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
Cornmeal, divided - 1/4 cup
Marinara, divided - 1 cup
Fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced, divided - 16 oz
- Fresh basil leaves
- Pinch red pepper flakes
How to make Homemade Pizza
- Grease a large bowl with cooking spray. In a small bowl add water and sugar and stir to dissolve, then sprinkle over yeast and let sit until frothy, about 8 minutes.
- In another large bowl, add flour, salt, and oil. Pour in yeast mixture, then mix with a wooden spoon until everything is combined and a shaggy dough begins to form. Knead against sides of bowl until dough starts to come together, then turn onto your work surface and knead, adding a pinch of flour if needed, until it feels elastic and only slightly tacky, 5 minutes. Form into a tight ball, place into prepared bowl, and cover with a clean dish towel. Let rise in a warm spot in your kitchen until doubled in size, about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Gently punch down dough, then divide in 2, and roll into balls. At this point, you can freeze one, or make two pizzas. Let dough balls rest as you preheat oven to 500° and grease a large baking sheet with olive oil. Sprinkle all over with 2 tablespoons cornmeal.
- On your work surface, gently flatten one ball of dough and roll with a rolling pin (or stretch with your hands) until about 12” in diameter (as thin as you can). Carefully transfer to prepared baking sheet and brush dough all over with oil. Then, add your 1/2 cup sauce to middle of dough and spread outwards with a spoon or ladle, leaving about 1” for the crust. Top with half the slices of mozzarella. Bake until crust is golden and cheese is melty, about 15 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil leaves, a drizzle of olive oil, and red pepper flakes.
- Repeat with remaining dough and toppings for second pizza.